Why Skill Up-Gradation?
Advantages of Skill Up-Gradation
- An ideal learning environment with implicit motivations: Based on our experience over the last three decades with a multitude of operatives, it is our view that an Indian operative’s motivation to learn would drastically decrease once he knows that his job is in hand. An environment where he has to learn to earn an attractive job motivates him tremendously.
- Attitude Assessment: Unlike the traditional selection process, training gives us the opportunity to assess the candidate’s attitude. This is a critical advantage as not all skilled candidates are beneficial for the client and in fact, historically, it has only taken a few operatives with a disruptive attitude to create challenges for companies.
- Instilling of discipline and preparation for life in Foreign Land: Most workers have never lived in a camp facility or worked in a regimented environment. GEC’s training is the worker’s first introduction to the type of environment they would be expected to live and work in, for the coming few years. Further, a worker from different regions gets to meet and connect, easing their initial period, post landing in the Gulf or/and other countries.
- Impact on skill and foundation knowledge: Most tradesmen in India have learned their trades through informal means. In most cases, they are aware of what to do; they are not aware why it is done that way, whether there is a more efficient way to do it and how their work fits into the greater scheme of the project.
- Prepare the workers to deal with negative influences on worksites: Most workers who do not have prior overseas experience are simple and sometimes naive and typically would fall prey to the negatives influences on worksites — overtime and slowdown of work, group bargaining, alcohol, etc.
- Prepare the workers to make the most of opportunities available to them: It can take a very long period of time for workers to develop an understanding of how they can maximize their opportunities through incentive programs, skill upgrades, developing communication skills, etc.
- Hit the worksite running: Workers arriving at the job site with prior knowledge of items like safety, PPE, modern construction methods, etc. are likelier to commence delivering faster than those who do not.
Training ProcessIn all of our facilities, we provide food, accommodation, and medical services to candidates.
Step 1: Finalize Training Curriculum
Step 2: Strategy related Collection of Candidates
Step 3: Final Test and Mobilization
GEC has a sophisticated selection process for permanent Recruitment, through which the right candidate is selected for your organization. Whether it’s a senior level, mid-level or entry-level positions, each candidate recruited through GEC goes through extensive intelligence and psychometric assessment to ensure quality and distinction to our clients. GEC takes pride in molding its selection procedures by the clients’ because we take the pains to understand your organization, apart from the job description, to get the right talent to fit into your organization. Apart from the resumes, we provide our clients with recordings of the interviews conducted by us for the short listed candidates. This helps you to understand the candidate before inviting them for the interview and also increases the conversion rate. GEC is constantly working towards providing comprehensive permanent solutions for our clients to make it as easy as a cakewalk and help them concentrate on what they are best at- running their businesses.
Our success comes from our fundamental belief that dates back to our inception 40 years ago: “A good worker will not buy a job.” To ensure quality reaches your door-step, exploitation has to be eliminated which immediately decrease the barrier of entry for a quality workforce. Our company is designed around this principle which has earned us the reputation as the most ethical recruitment services provider. We’re backward integrated, with 11 recruiting centres spread around India, Nepal, and Bangladesh, we pride ourselves in dealing with all our candidates directly. Many make this claim, but unless your recruiting partner has a physical office set up in the place of recruitment, they have no choice to use sub-agents. Being close to key recruitment locations gives us access to a large number of qualified candidates. With over 20+ engineers and foreman, GEC is well equipped towards understanding your requirements and shortlisting candidates. Again, many make this claim, but unless your recruiting partner has a physical office set up in the place of recruitment, they will not be able to shortlist. To our 300+ customers and have supplied over 300 000 people into 24 countries. Now, each year, we mobilize over 15 000 people from our network of sourcing centres servicing verticals such as oil & gas, petrochemical, civil, electrical, mechanical, hospitality, IT, manufacturing among others. We offer companionship rather than HR partnership and ensure you holistic solutions for all your global Recruitment problems from documentations to accommodation in the overseas territories to relieve you from any kind of hassles.
Why Offshore Outsourcing?
Reduce Capital Costs
Every department and every employee in your organization implies a capital cost. You need facilities, equipment, and of course, the staff that occupies that space and uses that equipment. Outsourcing makes the provision of workspace, equipment, and human capital somebody else’s problem.
Turn Fixed Costs into Variable Costs
There are two ways to increase profits, and most businesses try to implement them both. To improve profit, you can try to increase turnover, but as any business owner knows, that’s easier said than done. Another approach is to look at costs and find ways to cut them. Fixed costs are a good place to start. These costs are the ones you incur to keep your doors open. And as the name implies, they remain an expense regardless of how much business you do. Rental, water and electricity, and wages are all fixed costs. When you outsource, you only pay for outputs. During quiet times, you can reduce the cost of the product or service. After all, you won’t be using it as much as you otherwise would. On the other hand, if you do the work in-house, you have all the costs of providing for staff, facilities, and equipment whether you are using them to the full or not.
When an activity falls outside your core business, you may find yourself or your employees trying to multitask. For example, a manager becomes a marketer – but just what does he or she know about marketing? You and your employee face a learning curve, and learning curves are inefficient. Outsourcing gets you access to expertise – and since the task you pass on to them is the core business of the organizations to which you outsource, they’re always on top of the game. There’s no wait time or down-prioritizing. They want to get the job done even more than you do!